Make Your First Tandem
Important Info that You Need to Know
We are located in Gardiner, NY, approximately 70 miles north of N.Y.C. between exits 17 and 18 off the NYS Thruway. Click here for directions. We are about an hour and twenty minutes north of the George Washington Bridge or 6 miles South of New Paltz, N.Y.
- YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE; NO EXCEPTIONS.
- The weight limit is 225lbs (there may be exceptions depending on your physical conditions; call us with details 845-255-4033)
- The Jump: The first jump is a Tandem Skydive on a parachute built for two people. The Jump is made from 13,500 feet weather permitting and you freefall down to 6000 feet.
- We are open 7 days a week on an appointment basis. Weekends: 7:30am to 5pm. Weekdays: 10am to 5pm. We normally ask you to plan on spending your whole day at The Ranch but if the weather is not a problem, from the time you arrive to the time you are finished is usually about 3 hours.
- You must first watch a video below – it takes around 10 minutes
- Fill out about 10 minutes of paper work – If you are reserving online, you will fill out the waiver as part of the process. If you are calling in your reservation, please download the waiver here and bring it with you
- 15 to 20 minutes of ground training and then you are manifested on a load. If it’s too windy or cloudy you may not be able to jump that day. If this happens, you can either reschedule or have your deposit refund
- Wear something that you don’t mind getting a little dirty and possibly a grass stain. Dress appropriately for the weather. Sneakers are recommended (no sandals, high heels or work boots).
- DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THE DROPZONE; NO EXCEPTIONS. Please leave them at home
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at ALL TIMES.
- If you are concerned about the weather, please call us at (845) 255-4033.
- If you want to continue your skydiving instruction we offer a 13 Level IAF program. The IAF program is outlined here.
- When comparing us to other Dropzones ask them:
- What is their jump altitude?
- We fly to 13,500′, weather permitting
- What type of aircraft?
- We have turbine, multi engine aircraft capable of carrying up to 22 skydivers at a time
- What is their jump altitude?
Watch the Manufacturer’s Video
Reservations and Payment
- Please make a reservation prior to coming out to ensure adequate staffing. You may make your reservation online or call the office at 845-255-4033. People with reservations get priority over people who do not.
- We accept CASH, M/C, VISA, AMEX, DISCOVER, TRAVELERS CHECKS, MONEY ORDERS. We do not accept personal checks.
- A major credit card or a debit card is required to hold your reservation. Your credit card will be charged a deposit of $40.00 at the time of your reservation and you will pay the balance when you arrive for your skydive. If you do not have a major credit card then we require a cash deposit per person. You may change your reservation up until 48 hours before your skydive.
- No shows or people who do not cancel may lose their deposits. You will not lose your deposit if the weather is inclement – we will either transfer your deposit to a different day or refund you.